[ale] More Lightscribe for Linux

Cornelis van Dijk cor.angela0 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 15:26:10 EDT 2011

Thanks to all that replied to my previous post about Lightscribe for
Linux. Meanwhile I succeeded by using inkscape at 180 dpi and get a
good sharp image with the Memorex Lightscribe drive.

Another problem that I have with Lightscribe for Linux is that it
takes about sixteen minutes to burn a label. This is probably because
the bitmap covers nearly the entire cd surface. Usually I have quite a
bit of text, so cutting on that is not going to help much. Not only
that, but after one burn the image is barely legible so that I have to
do a second burn on top of the first one to get a decent image. While
this works fine, it now takes me over half an hour to burn a label!
Is there a way around this?

I know that hp sells a specialized printer for cd labels (saw it a
Fry's), but it uses special blanks and probably uses Windows. Anyone
know about this?

Thanks, Cor