[ale] [OT] TVs

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 10:28:54 EDT 2011

I have 3 of the Vizio TVs with Apps.  It works mostly pretty well.  To
this day I've been unable to get Pandora to work on any of them, wired
or wireless.  The picture quality is actually pretty good.  Another
benefit is the TV's will check from time to time for firmware updates.
 Netflix and Amazon video services have worked well for me.

--chip

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 11:39 PM, Robert <rs at ale.spam.futz.org> wrote:
>>I am looking for a 32 inch tv for my bedroom.  It doesn't have to be
>>high end but I do have a couple requirements.  Do you guys have any
>>suggestions?
>>
>>1.) Must have wifi connection
>>2.) Must play Netflix over the wifi without any extra connected devices.
>>(no roku, wii, xbox, etc.)
>>
>>The one I keep seeing pop up is a Vizio with Internet Apps which meets
>>my requirements, anyone have experience with these?
>
> My brother got this for my dad. Right out of the box it rubbed me the wrong
> way... To do anything with the wireless, you have to accept Yahoo terms of
> service, and it installs a good number of yahoo 'apps'. I hate accepting terms
> of service for services I don't even want.
>
> Haven't signed up for netflix yet, but I did see that it's there in the apps...
>

> --
> Arguing with an Engineer is like wrestling a pig in mud.
> After a while you realize the pig is enjoying it.

Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....