[ale] Strange happenings

Joshua Kite jwkite at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 22:16:41 EDT 2011

I don't think I have a question, but I thought I'd share a very strange
experience.

I'm running Ubuntu 11.04.  I just finished rebuilding my box (moved to SSD)
and migrating my data.  Everything was working fine yesterday, including
some NFS mounts.  I logged in today and the mounts were gone.  I mean
totally gone.  The entries in /etc/fstab were gone.  The directories were
gone.  Nfs-common was uninstalled

The only thing that remained were some dead symbolic links pointing to the
directories where they were to be mounted.  Otherwise I would start to
question whether I had actually set everything up.

Weirdness.

Anyone else every have this happen?  I'm starting to wonder if my 8 year old
has learned the magic of apt-get...

Josh Kite