[ale] Red Hat upgrades?

Geoffrey Myers lists at serioustechnology.com
Fri Jul 1 15:29:43 EDT 2011

Scott McBrien wrote:
> I know there's been a lot of traffic on this thread, but it's morphed
> into a philosphical discussion, and I wanted a clean slate.
>
> James, you can do an upgrade from 4->5, I haven't checked to see if
> there's an upgrade option for 5->6, I think there is, but I've not
> looked for it.

I had RHEL 5.5 running and contacted RH to find out how to upgrade.  I
was told you couldn't do an upgrade from 5 to 6, it had to be a new
install.  Could be I was told wrong, but that is what I was told and
didn't pursue the matter further.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."