[ale] Home NAS

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sun Jan 30 16:47:31 EST 2011

On 01/30/2011 01:33 PM, Ron Frazier wrote:

> Depending on what you want to spend, I think Drobo ( http://drobo.com/
> ) is probably the king of the hill in small NAS's in terms of
> flexibility and features.  I think it goes downhill from there.  If
> you can afford them, it should be great.  Disclaimer, I don't own one,
> but I want one!

wait, wasn't there a big discussion not too long ago about these drives??
http://www.drobostore.com/store/drobo/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.14395000

Drobo (4-Bay, FW800 & USB 2.0) 2TB Bundle with 2 x 1TB Western Digital
WD10EARS Hard Drives
<http://www.drobostore.com/store/drobo/en_US/pd/CategoryID.14395000/productID.221474100>

As data continues to devour your storage capacity, you need a solution
that allows you to easily manage, protect, and scale storage for your PC
or Mac. Drobo is the first fully automated storage robot to take the
pain out of keeping your important digital content safe. Avoid the
hassles associated with managing multiple external hard drives or RAID.
Attach Drobo to your Mac or PC and let it manage your storage so you
don't have to.

Support Information:
. The WD10EARS is a "4K sector" drive.
. Read information
<http://support.datarobotics.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/351> on using
"4K sector" drives with your Drobo device.

--
Paul Cartwright