[ale] help forcing Ubuntu NOT to scramble my screen resolution

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Thu Jan 27 09:21:07 EST 2011

John,

Thanks for the note. Right now, I have the laptop sitting off to the
side of the desktop monitor. I have the KVM keyboard and mouse port
attached but not the video just for this reason. I'm afraid I may need a
visit to my chiropractor to fix my neck if I do this too long. I'll keep
that 'root' thing in mind if I have to use it. I think root is disabled
on my system, as I always use sudo for root commands.

Sincerely,

Ron