[ale] POST from HTML email

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Wed Jan 26 20:59:20 EST 2011

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011, Chris Fowler wrote:

> I'm working on creating HTML formated email.  I know, it is not the UNIX
> way.  I do have text format.
>
> I want to put a button in the email that a user can click to post values
> to the web interface.  The button is there but Evolution does nothing
> with it.  Does it just not support the POST or does all email clients
> not support the POST?

For very D@!!* good reasons, Evolution (thankfully) does not enable such
insanity. It's why I use it for business e-mail (I use PINE for personal
stuff).

Put a form on your website. Give them a link to it in your e-mail.

http://www.geeklabs.com/code/gl-formmail.php.txt

Is a basic formail responder that is reasonable spam resistent, and
saves the fields in CSV, XML and HTML formats on the server, concat'ing
the responses into a single file.