[ale] fasfa.org does not support Linux

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Tue Jan 25 19:17:59 EST 2011

On 01/25/2011 07:03 AM, Geoffrey Myers wrote:
> They redesigned their website recently and when I go there I get the
> message:
>
> An Incompatible Browser Has Been Detected
>
> Your Web browser is not supported by our Web site. You must use a
> Compliant Web Browser - Standard* to view our site properly. We
> recommend you upgrade to the latest version of your browser according to
> your Operating System.
>
> Supported browsers listed are IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome on Windows
> or OSX.
>
> So basically they're saying they don't support my OS?  Also, what the
> heck do they mean by:
>
> 'You must use a Compliant Web Browser - Standard*' ???
>
> This kind of ignorance just pisses me off.

I had that problem a while back with my bank.  I finally got to talk
with the guy responsible.  He said  "our logs show that every one using
our site is using IE so there's no reason to support anything else".
Duh!  Maybe it's because no one with  any other browser can get
through??  He failed to answer that question.  I'm now with another bank.

Jim.