[ale] Wanted presentation topics?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 12:21:42 EST 2011

command line graphics
principles of BIND in an IPv6 world
State of GPL video editing in Linux
SQL vs NoSQL database concepts
custom rolling your own distro using Suse online distro builder, problems
and solutions
What's left to ditch windows that Linux doesn't have - solutions and
workarounds
Desktop Linux gotchas from various distros
micro-size Linux environments - ARM cpu's take over the world
What's next for LibreOffice
GPL Java and You!
Intro to system startup from a non-admin users perspective
So you want to be a sysadmin and other bedtime stories
Linux careers or the horrors of upper management - a gripe session with war
stories
Open Source beer projects
Things that OpenOffice can do better than M$Office
How to use style sheets in OOo, using and creating
System admin tools in python
database interaction with ruby

I can go on forever....

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Michael B. Trausch <mike at trausch.us>wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Simple question:  What presentation topics do y'all want to see in the
> future?  Doesn't matter if they are standalone topics or broader topics
> that would require something of a series, I'd like to know what people
> want to see.
>
>        --- Mike

James P. Kinney III
I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.