[ale] need help installing QT dev environment on Ubuntu and Fedora

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Sat Jan 22 18:20:02 EST 2011

Hi all,

Rich Faulkner and I are working on beginning learning C++ and wish to
use the QT environment.  Anybody know how to install the complete
development system on:

Ubuntu 10.04, for me
     I'm running Gnome.
     I've already run sudo apt-get install libqt4-* .
     It did a bunch of stuff but I don't know if that's all we need,
          and I don't know how to test it.

Fedora 12, for Rich
     He's running Gnome.
     Rich thinks some of the components of QT are installed, but
          we'd like to verify that and install anything missing.

Ultimately, we'd like to be able to develop cross platform GUI
applications on either system, and, eventually, I want to develop in
Windows too.  However, we'll start with these two variants of Linux.

Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Ron