[ale] semi [OT] running a robot with linux

Geoffrey Myers lists at serioustechnology.com
Sat Jan 22 11:39:27 EST 2011

Ron Frazier wrote:
> Geoffrey,
>
> I know what you mean.  An iphone would be an intriguing device.  The
> problem I have with that is that Apple locks down everything you can do
> with it and even the development tools you can use.  They even sued a
> company recently for making an after market ssd drive that was better
> than Apple's for the Mac.  They're the total opposite of open source.
> Other than that, the iphone or itouch are cool devices.  Now, if you
> were to jailbreak it ... but then they'd probably sue you.

There are active jailbreaks of the iPhone as we speak, and that is the
way I would go with this one, as I need complete control of the device.
  Plus, I'm not planning on using it as a phone, thus I couldn't use it
at all with the existing OS.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."