[ale] mail server with dynamic IP?

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Thu Jan 20 06:30:39 EST 2011

On 01/19/2011 09:09 PM, Tim Watts wrote:
> BTW, DynDNS happens to by my mail forwarder. It was working fine for a
> while but lately I've been getting a lot of emails twice. And I suspect
> they're dropping some too. It's pretty sporadic so hard to 'know' if
> it's fixed or not. Got a help ticket opened with them. I'll see what
> they say.

I went with amsallorange.com to host my email. The last company I tried
kept getting my emails blacklisted by AT&T, which is the main provider
around here, meaning MOST of my contacts are  @bellsouth.net, so that
was bad..
asmallorange is a local Georgia company, they have even put in a job ad
in ale_jobs recently..
I also wanted to host my own email, but finally decided I didn't have
enough hardware & didn't like getting blacklisted.
if you really want to host your own email, you should probably join a
few lists that deal with email, like dovecot & Postfix..

  dovecot at dovecot.org

postfix
 Here's the general information for the list you've subscribed to,
 in case you don't already have it:

[Last updated on: Wed Apr 25  7:50:55 2007]

Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800
Registered Ubuntu User #12459