[ale] Best way to get dual display working (take 20k)

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 00:00:08 EST 2011

Hey all, got it. I did finally find out about an ati command that
creates the xorg.conf for multiple video cards/displays. Now I've just
got to tweak it, to get it where I want it. I tried to do add the 2nd
card in manually but the best I got was an all white screen with 4
equally spaced vertical green lines. I am now able to get 2 separate
desktops when I log in. Haven't tried using the PCIe card as my boot
display yet, so I don't know if it's worth keeping the HD 5770 if the HD
3650 seems to be working as a secondary port.