[ale] Better ISP?

Kirsa kirsa.thierry at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 16:12:20 EST 2011

If you're talking about those small silver Motorola modems, it may sound
counter-intuitive but I have had far better luck with that model when it's
flipped upside-down.

I used that modem when I had At&t DSL, but it would keep dropping out unless
it was turned upside-down, with the vent facing up.
I think that's a poorly designed modem, the case is too small and there is
not adequite ventilation.

Using Atlantic Nexus these days with my own modem. AtNex has the best
customer service you can get, their CSRs ARE their engineers. I've had
better latency and throughput from Comcast, but the customer service from
AtNex makes up for it IMHO.

- Kirsa Thierry