[ale] Better ISP?

Richard Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Wed Jan 5 14:22:04 EST 2011

Glad you liked it Ron!  I've got one other anecdote I can share...it was
a tech call that we took on the recorded line while I was at the Kotter
Group in Lilburn, GA back in 2002.  It is in .wav format so will push it
to .mp3 and post it so that ya'll can take a listen.  Funny stuff....

Many years ago (last time we lived in the ATL) we had Comcast.  They
were pretty consistent and fast and I actually preferred them to AT&T
for speed and overall service.  It's just that this time around we have
all of the gear for AT&T and I don't want to invest anymore time or
money in accommodating Comcast.  Our network closet is cabled for AT&T
and we already owned the equipment....

That I remember, Comcast's customer service left a lot to be
desired....but it's been a while and we have no desire or intention of
feeding that "beast".

As for AT&T...our promo rate for Internet only (Fast Access DSL) is
$19.99 a month for 12-months after-which it bumps to around $40.00.
With that we're getting (pretty consistently) about 6MB down and 512K
up.  On that we stream video from Netflix to our 40" Samsung have a
couple of laptops and 5-6 other devices feeding off of the web plus a
VOIP phone (Vonage).  All of that stressing our connection and it just
keeps working.

For that we put up with AT&T....