[ale] unable to login after mess up

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 10:25:08 EST 2011

Friends:

Thanks for your time and attention.

Last night, out of sheer frustration and stupidity, I completely uninstalled
the Myth portion from the MythUbuntu install.

After this, I cleaned up the folders related to mytv.

I then tried to login but I am blocked at the initial login screen.  My
password is correct since I can putty to this session from another machine.

I tried all Sessions, Mythubuntu, Xfce, User Defined.

I then used the option Recovery, logged in and did an sudo apt-get upgrade
and sudo apt-get dist-upgrade.

Both were a success.

However after reboot, I am unable to login again.

So what gives ?

-Narahari