[ale] had a terrible time installing lubuntu-desktop

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Fri Feb 25 09:17:36 EST 2011

For what it's worth, based on informal, and very brief, testing, I think
LXDE was only saving me 80 MB of ram or so above and beyond GNOME, with
just the desktop running.  The machine has 4GB, so that doesn't motivate
me too much.  Menu and window operations were somewhat quicker, but not
very much running the same apps.  I'll probably continue to stick with
GNOME for a while.  Based on what I've read and heard on podcasts it
doesn't sound like the new Unity interface on the new Ubuntu is a great
change, but I could be wrong.

Sincerely,

Ron