[ale] what do you folks think for running linux on this

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 14:16:58 EST 2011

Given:
A) Rapidity of obsolescence of models and especially replacement components
for notebooks.
B) The notebook battery life esp of a NiCad battery (not sure if this one
had Nimh or Lion)
C) Price of modern notebook computers
D) Computing power (esp. graphics capabilities) & battery run time of modern
notebook computers
I would *NOT* recommend buying a used notebook from a pawn shop or much of
anywhere else without at least a 90 day warranty. There is BIG difference
between PRICE and VALUE. I.e. unless you are cut from the same cloth as
Clark Howard, Low Price != Good Value in many cases. He on the other hand
"will always accept lower quality for lower price" maybe that's why he's a
bazillionaire.
GC