[ale] make some apps/scripts run as root

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 07:05:07 EST 2011

Here is what I want to do.

VM = VMWare Server
VM Inside = Ubuntu 10.10 64 bit

I want to install Websphere 7 inside the VM.
Then I want to install the MyEclipse IDE.

Then I want to kick start the WebSphere server from inside the IDE (it does
this anyways).

Once it is all up and runing I plan to distribute the VM to our developers,
so we dont have to worry about configuration of IDE's to  new folks.

If this can be accomplished as a reg user, I am all for it.

I thougt that if I do this as superuser then it might be easy to install
once and every one gets it.
What equivalnce I am looking for is, in Windoze world the LAN admin installs
Word as an admin and the next thing you know all users who
login to that box get Word as an application and thats what I am trying to
accomplish.

-Narahari