[ale] OT: gmail question

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 20:22:03 EST 2011

On 02/22/2011 07:45 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Geoffrey Myers
> <lists at serioustechnology.com>  wrote:
>> Paul Cartwright wrote:

>>> in thunderbird, with a gmail IMAP folder, I also have all-mail, and get
>>> what looks like duplicate messages for everything. They are filtered
>>> into folders yet stay in all-mail..
>> That's what I see and I want to get rid of.  I've only got 48 messages
>> in the Inbox, that's all I want.
> > From the gui, open your trash folder and click empty trash.
>
> Otherwise I think deleted emails hang for 30 days or so.
>
> Paul I assume the same is true via imap.  Just subscribe to the trash
> folder and delete everything.  I've never tried that.
>
> Greg

Are you guys seeing a folder under /[gmail]/ on your thunderbird list of
folders? Does it also reflect unread messages which turn out to be
duplicated in "folders that you created"? That describes the same
problem that I used to have from what I had found had something to do
with the way T'bird handled IMAP in an older version (2.x.x?). I had
gone through the frustrations of deleting all the index files and such,
only for the problem to return. I finally took my .profile sub-dirs and
renamed them allowing T-Bird to start from scratch. I noticed that in my
list of folders in T'Bird's folder pane no longer included an All-Mail
folder under the /[Gmail]/ folder and problem went away.