[ale] Apologies --- and thank you

arxaaron arxaaron at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 13:44:54 EST 2011

On 2011/02/18, at 11:00 , Narahari 'n' Savitha wrote:
> Ehhhhh
>
> I bunked this sessuon since i left home at 7:15 and
>
> came back after driving 10 mins thinking I wont make
>
> it b4 8 and will loose lot of material covered.

Sorry you decided not to join us last night.  Just so you
know for the future, we try to accommodate for late arrivals
to ALE meetings by calling things to order about 7:35 / 7:40
(being sensitive the numerous interesting conversations
inevitably going on), and then announcements (etc) for the
first few minutes. This also gives the presenter time to get
plugged in and settled.  We target the start of the main
presentation for 7:45pm.

> Wish there was an update from folks saying not started,
>
> abt to start, just started like that so tardy fks like me can
>
> come over (or atlesst decide to)

We follow the schedule above very consistently and
last night's 8:05 start was a very rare exception.
A few unusual circumstances of traffic and transport
converged to delay the arrival of our presenter, and
he could not give us an accurate ETA until about
7:35 anyway.  The kind of problems that disrupt
the meeting schedule are always going to be last
minute issues like that.

As a rule I don't tweet, twitter or text, so the generous
accommodations we already provide in our Central
Meeting schedule for the chronologically challenged
will have to suffice.  :-)

peace
aaron