[ale] GPG Key Signing?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 15:17:28 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Michael B. Trausch <mike at trausch.us> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-02-17 at 13:05 -0500, Jim Kinney wrote:
>> There has to be some way to verify identity and until I'm elected
>> grand-pu-bah for life and get to issue ID's to people who give me
>> hardware to play with, I'm stuck with some degree of accepting that a
>> drivers license (state issued) and a passport (federal issued) would
>> involve enough subterfuge to fake that I WANT them to sign my keys!
>
> Jim Kinney for Grand-Pu-Bah for Life!  Hrm...
>
> Waitaminute.  That'd probably mean that SELinux would become a
> requirement everywhere... *runs away screaming* ;-)

Look at the bright side: software NOT licensed with an OSI approved
license will be banned and makers and users subject to public dunking
tanks of high fructose corn syrup followed by a roll in toasted bread
crumbs and a coating of of crushed peppermint candies. They will then
be delivered gift-wrapped to local fat camps.

MUWAHAHAHA!!!

>        --- Mike

James P. Kinney III
I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.