[ale] Linux GUI or CLI backup tool

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Tue Feb 15 16:08:00 EST 2011

I've used Jungle Disk for quite a while on Windows and for a couple of
months on Linux (Ubuntu 10.04).  I like it very much.  It's very
configurable.  On Windows, I have it set to back up everything that I
don't exclude.  I exclude system files and most applications as well as
my email databases and large multi media files.  On Linux, I back up my
entire home directory except what I exclude, with similar exclusions.  I
exclude the .evolution directory, since I rarely use Evolution.  I allow
the .thunderbird directory to be backed up, which is my main email
database, being used by Eudora OSE.  I also have the system set to
exclude any files in a "nojungledisk" folder or with a file name
starting with "_njd_".  This way, I can easily exclude a file without
going back into the configuration screen of the program.  I have the
system set to run every 6 hours.  This good thing about this strategy is
that everything new I add is automatically backed up.  That way, I don't
have to worry about it.  I'm backing up 4 computers with about 80 GB of
total data.  My monthly bill is about $ 15.  I really like the system.

Sincerely,

Ron