[ale] SUSE package manager and install empathy

Geoffrey Myers lists at serioustechnology.com
Tue Feb 15 09:39:43 EST 2011

James Sumners wrote:
> Five of the servers I administer at Clayton State are running RHEL4.
> Let's switch to talking about just the basic tools surrounding the
> package types and look at a simple example. For this example let's try
> to get some basic information about a package without having to do a
> bunch of research into the tools. That is we want to "query" a
> package.

Maybe you should learn how to use the tools?

rpm -qi screen

Name        : screen                       Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 4.0.3                             Vendor: CentOS
Release     : 1.el5_4.1                     Build Date: Thu 03 Dec 2009
05:50:51 AM EST
Install Date: Tue 15 Feb 2011 09:38:20 AM EST      Build Host:
builder10.centos.org
Group       : Applications/System           Source RPM:
screen-4.0.3-1.el5_4.1.src.rpm
Size        : 772081                           License: GPL2
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Thu 17 Dec 2009 07:42:46 AM EST, Key ID
a8a447dce8562897
URL         : http://www.gnu.org/software/screen
Summary     : A screen manager that supports multiple logins on one
terminal.
Description :
The screen utility allows you to have multiple logins on just one
terminal. Screen is useful for users who telnet into a machine or are
connected via a dumb terminal, but want to use more than just one
login.

Install the screen package if you need a screen manager that can
support multiple logins on one terminal.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."
- Thomas Jefferson