[ale] SUSE package manager and install empathy

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 18:32:36 EST 2011

I have SLED.  It is what I have to use.  The way I understand from the pics
I sent, system is looking for an ent. cd instead of going online to look for
the packages.

I just want to tell SLED, that instead of CD go to the gatech or novell site
(since I am using ent and not open suse).

One more thing, is SLED close to Redhat in terms of package aka rpm's or
close to .deb's.

Like if a software can be installed on Redhat (in my case MyEclipse) can it
be instaled on SLED ?  What do I need to do for this to work right ?

Thank you for your time and attention.

-Narahari