[ale] [OT] Microcontroller parts free and for sale

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Sat Feb 12 18:18:15 EST 2011

Hello all,

I have some microcontroller parts I bought for a home automation project
that I never got off the ground.  I'm trying to raise money for other
stuff.  I haven't had time to mess with these, and I'm looking to get
into something more powerful to use for a robot brain, as I mentioned in
other posts.  I'm offering some for free and some for sale.  If you're
interested, please contact me off list.

Sincerely,

Ron

----------------------

The following are FREE to anyone who wants them.  They're good parts,
but are high density surface mount components about 1/2" square with
about 100 pins each.  They will be very hard to use unless you have a
specialized socket and breadboard or a high density soldering station.
Nevertheless, they might be fun to experiment with.  If you get these,
I'd prefer that you don't just turn around and sell them.

I have 6 each of the following:

PIC32MX360F512L-80I/PT - 32 bit uC - 512 KB flash - 32 KB ram
      http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/Devices.aspx?dDocName=en532441

PIC32MX360F256L-80I/PT - 32 bit uC - 256 KB flash - 32 KB ram
      http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/Devices.aspx?dDocName=en532440

PIC24HJ256GP610-I/PF - 16 bit uC - 256 KB flash - 16 KB ram
      http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/Devices.aspx?dDocName=en024693

dsPIC33FJ256MC710-I/PF 16 bit motor control digital signal controller -
256 KB flash - 30 KB ram
      http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/Devices.aspx?dDocName=en024663

----------------------

The following are not free, but I'll sell them at 1/2 the retail price.

* Explorer 16 Development board and power supply - retail $154 for both
- sell for $ 77

http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en024858&part=DM240001

The Explorer 16 is a low cost, efficient development board to evaluate
the features and performance of Microchip's new PIC24 Microcontroller,
the dsPIC33 Digital Signal Controller (DSC) families, and the new 32-bit
PIC32MX devices. Coupled with the MPLAB ICD 2 In Circuit Debugger or
MPLAB REAL ICE, real-time emulation and debug facilities speed
evaluation and prototyping of application circuitry. The Explorer 16
100-pin features two interchangeable Plug-In Modules (PIMs), one each
for the PIC24FJ128GA010 and the dsPIC33FJ256GP710 DSC.

. Includes PIC24FJ128GA010 and the dsPIC33FJ256GP710 DSC Digital
Signal Controller PIMs (100-pin version).  (plug in uC modules)
. Includes AC adapter.
. Alpha-numeric 16 x 2 LCD display
. Interfaces to MPLAB ICD 2, MPLAB REAL ICE, USB, and RS-232
. Includes Microchip's TC1047A high accuracy, analog output temperature
sensor
. Expansion connector to access full devices pin-out and bread board
prototyping area

* MPlab ICD 2 LE in circuit debugger.  Deprecated for newer chips and
designs.
      Couldn't find website.  Can be used with Explorer 16 I believe.

----------------------

* PIC32 USB Starter Board - Includes PIC32 chip and USB ports and cables
- retail $ 65 - sell for - $ 32

http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=2615&dDocName=en535536
      (Note the web link is to a newer version of the starter board.)

* 100L PIM Adaptor - retail  $ 30 - sell for - included for free
      (adaptor allows the PIC32 USB starter board to plug into the
explorer 16 board and be used as it's uC)

----------------------

* 10 Mbps Ethernet Pictail board and cable - retail $ 40 - sell for $ 20
      Plugs into Explorer 16 board.

http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en027750

----------------------

* Programming 32 Bit Microcontrollers in C by Lucio Di Jasio - Book -
retail $ 45 - sell for $ 22

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0750687096?tag=lertoprothepi-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=0750687096&adid=01A8X9MQKH539M799674&

----------------------

Parallax Propeller demo board - #32100 and AC adaptor - retail $ 60 -
sell for $ 30

http://www.parallax.com/StoreSearchResults/tabid/768/txtSearch/32100/List/0/SortField/4/ProductID/340/Default.aspx
      Multi-core micro controller

The Propeller Demo Board demonstrates the Propeller's varied
capabilities in a compact and fun platform. You can use it to learn
Propeller programming and then develop full-blown applications which
generate video and sound, and utilize mice and keyboards. All the
requisite power supply and USB programming interface is provided for
you. Eight unused I/O pins are available for experimentation. Kit
includes Propeller Demo Board.

*Features:*

    * P8X32A-Q44 Propeller Chip
    * 24LC256-I/ST EEPROM for program storage
    * Replaceable 5.000MHz crystal
    * 3.3V and 5V regulators with on/off switch
    * USB-to-serial interface for loading and communication
    * VGA output
    * TV output
    * Stereo output with 16-ohm headphone amplifier
    * Electret microphone input
    * Two PS/2 connectors for mouse and keyboard I/O
    * 8 LEDs (share VGA pins)
    * Pushbutton for reset
    * Big ground post for scope hookup
    * I/O pins P0-P7 are free and brought out to header
    * Breadboard for custom circuits

Ron Frazier

770-205-9422 (O)   Leave a message.
linuxdude AT c3energy.com