[ale] How to test your public internet connection for open ports

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Sat Feb 12 01:05:26 EST 2011

Michael T.,

Well, here we are at the keyboard again, and for me, late at night.  I
do appreciate the apology.  That was quite a comprehensive history
lesson you compiled on the events that almost started a flame war.  I'll
admit that there were a few times when I could have chosen better
words.  I wasn't really TRYING to portray attitude.  This communicating
business is hard.  Remind me not to become a diplomat.  I'll probably
reply to some of the individual parts of your message later.  Your posts
are quite a challenge to read and respond to.  It usually takes me 2 or
3 readings.  I will try to get to that soon.  I also hope to get to some
of that research you mentioned.  Have a good weekend.

Sincerely,

Ron

On 02/11/2011 10:57 PM, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 18:54 -0500, Ron Frazier wrote:
>
>> I don't think we need to continue to escalate an argument in public.
>> You're reading a lot into my messages that doesn't exist.  I have
>> never intentionally insulted anyone in this group, and if I
>> unintentionally insulted someone, I'm sorry.  I do not have a holier
>> than thou attitude, and don't feel that way at all.  The compliment I
>> paid you was legitimate and sincere, even though we disagree on some
>> things.  Now, you're using the F word.  I really don't know why.
>> Whatever I did to make you so mad, I'm sorry.
>>
> I'll apologize for my word choice.  I could have omitted the word.
>
> I will, however, cite examples where I have perceived (admittedly,
> possibly where none exists, but tone, context and word choice certainly
> impact my own impression) attitude.

<snip>