[ale] How to test your public internet connection for open ports

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Fri Feb 11 18:54:28 EST 2011

Michael T.,

I don't think we need to continue to escalate an argument in public.
You're reading a lot into my messages that doesn't exist.  I have never
intentionally insulted anyone in this group, and if I unintentionally
insulted someone, I'm sorry.  I do not have a holier than thou attitude,
and don't feel that way at all.  The compliment I paid you was
legitimate and sincere, even though we disagree on some things.  Now,
you're using the F word.  I really don't know why.  Whatever I did to
make you so mad, I'm sorry.

I intend to continue the thread long enough to complete some discussions
I'm in with other people and answer questions they've asked me and
discuss some test results from my router.  Other than that, I'm going to
let it drop.

I have one more question for you.  You may choose to answer it, or not.
It's up to you.

Do you, or don't you, agree with the first 8 pieces of advice I said I'd
give to friends and family in the prior post from 4:51 PM regarding the
use of consumer routers, with the EXCEPTION of number 7, which was about
UPNP, which is situation dependent?  If you choose to answer, and you
don't agree with my points, I'd like to know exactly how you'd advise
the consumer to set his router in each case and why it's different from
the options I described.

That's all I need to know.  And, regardless of your reply, I won't reply
again, if that's what you want.

Sincerely,

Ron