[ale] I have fallen in love with Truecrypt

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri Feb 11 11:58:39 EST 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 07:15 -0500, Matty wrote:
> How well do the various full drive encryption technologies work with
> LVM and MD? I mirror my boot devices, and am curious if they can use
> the md/lvm devices vs. a partition or sda/hda device?

I use LVM on top of LUKS for my server system.  I don't yet have
whole-drive encryption on my other systems.  I'm going to be doing that
real soon now, though, because I now have way more data on my computer
systems than I could stand to fall into the wrong hands.

I also use LUKS to encrypt all of my flash drives and burned backups.  I
use different passphrases depending on the utility.

	--- Mike