[ale] PC specs-AMD chipset

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 11 10:31:42 EST 2011

On 2/11/2011 9:57 AM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> I am thinking about getting a new desktop.. does anyone know much about
> the AMD chip:
> AMD Phenom™ II X6 1075T + ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB
>
> any better/worse than Intel I5 ( I3...whatever..) I've never run an AMD chip

I've ran AMD exclusively for the past 10+ years.  Never had a problem.
The X6 is beast.  What exactly ware you going to do with that type of
power.  Better/worse doesn't really apply, any modern processor will do
anything that most user could want to do.  It's a price/benefit thing
for me. The video card is a good middle of the road for desktop use and
light to moderate gaming.  I recommend getting good memory and
motherboard to match the CPU, if you getting that kind of cpu, why
hobble it with mediocre parts.