[ale] mythtv capture card issues

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 20:34:25 EST 2011

On 02/10/2011 07:22 PM, Narahari 'n' Savitha wrote:
> I want to pass the argument "pci=nocrs" to the boot line, how do I
> tinker with the entry that grub menu provides.
>
> I dont want to do this permanently but only for single session.
>
> How do I pass args to the selected boot menu entry ?
>
> -Narahari
At the Grub menu hit the tab key to stop timer and then e for edit of
the highlighted option, this will change to the screen showing the grub
boot command lines. Highlight the line with the kernel command (usually
the 2nd of 3 lines) and again hit e to edit that line. Move the cursor
to the point you want to edit (in your case the very end) or add the
kernel option. Hit enter after editing then b to boot.