[ale] mythtv capture card issues

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 20:33:00 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 7:22 PM, Narahari 'n' Savitha
<savithari at gmail.com>wrote:

> I want to pass the argument "pci=nocrs" to the boot line, how do I tinker
> with the entry that grub menu provides.
>
> I dont want to do this permanently but only for single session.

I'm not certain why you want to do this at all. My brief reading of
"pci=nocrs" related posts indicates that machines needing this parameter
will not boot at all.

How did the test of the card in another machine go? Are certain the card is
ok?

I do think that you correctly found the source of your problem however...
that conflict warning in the dmesg seems like the culprit.