[ale] Another IPv6? - How do I know if I'm on that network

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 15:31:47 EST 2011

All,

I was just doing some testing on an old openSUSE 10.1 box.  I had the
firewall setup to block 443 incoming traffic from my external
interface.

I did some test connections that failed as expected, but just to make
sure nothing was getting through.

I did a netstat -an | grep 443

To my shock I saw a active connection from google  (*.1e100.net).

I have made no attempt to be on the IPv6 network here, but I'm having
trouble coming up with another explanation.

So how do I verify the outside world doesn't have some way to bypass
my firewall.

Thanks
Greg
-