[ale] Mozy is changing the pricing model.

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Fri Feb 4 17:48:37 EST 2011

Scott,

Mom friendly is cool, and while this is not precisely a reply to your
topic, I think you should investigate remote assistance / viewing
software so you can take control of their computer.  This comes in
extremely handy at times.

For Windows, consider Crossloop ( http://crossloop.com ), GoToMyPC,
GoToAssist, LogMeIn, etc.

For Linux, check out this podcast:
http://www.goinglinux.com/2010shownotes.html#glp118

Also, if the circumstances warrant it, you can get a remote IP based
KVM, which you could attach to their computer.  Then you can take
control whether the OS is running or not, or regardless of which OS it
is, assuming the internet connection is up.  You can even reboot and
access the BIOS.  I think those cost about $300 for a small single port
unit.

Just a thought.

Ron