[ale] HELP, need to setup wireless access point!

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Fri Feb 4 14:47:02 EST 2011

You're welcome. Michael made some valid points about the possible
problems doing things this way. I'm glad it's working though. If you
have to reboot everything, on occasion, and simultaneous power up
doesn't work, first power up the item nearest the Internet (the modem),
let it stabilize, then power up your router(s), then the PC's. That will
often fix any problems that are occurring. Be sure the security settings
on your router(s) are correct, you don't want any uninvited guests
snooping on your traffic. If you have a chain of items connecting to the
internet like this, your speed will be limited by the slowest component.
I like http://speedtest.net for speed testing, but that's the only
feature on their website that I use.

Sincerely,

Ron