[ale] IPv6 and Atlantic Nexus

David Tomaschik david at systemoverlord.com
Fri Feb 4 14:39:19 EST 2011

So, this and the other thread about AtNex have made me wonder -- do all of
their devices do NAT in the device?  If so, how do you configure DMZ/port
forwarding?  (You stated in the other thread that you do not have admin
access to their modem.)  I'd heard so many good things about AtNex, but the
last couple of weeks has made me very shy of ever considering them as an
ISP.  To me, they make Comcast and AT&T look good by reputation.

David

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 6:08 AM, Paul Cartwright <ale at pcartwright.com> wrote:

> On 02/03/2011 06:53 PM, James Sumners wrote:
> > I sent an email to AtNex inquiring about their plans for IPv6. I was
> > hoping they might be planning to assign a v6 address in addition to
> > the v4 address for those with static v4s. Here is the response:
> >
> thanks for reminding me... got my atnex adsl business class modem in the
> mail yesterday. I think he mentioned that when I get it I will configure
> my existing router as a bridge.. I had already set it up as a bridge
> once before & I know it worked, so that's no big deal. dd-wrt on it.
>
> --
> Paul Cartwright

David Tomaschik, RHCE, LPIC-1
GNU/Linux System Architect