[ale] HELP, need to setup wireless access point!

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri Feb 4 13:54:24 EST 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-04 at 13:35 -0500, Ron Frazier wrote:
> I don't see what the problem is.  I go though two routers all the
> time, both doing NAT, to get to my internet connection.  The following
> should work fine with LAN cables between the parts.  Paul is welcome
> to call me personally if he needs help.

Just because something can be done does not mean it should be.

Double-NAT (a NAT within a NAT) unduly reduces performance and creates
an artificial barrier that need not exist.  It can also unnecessarily
complicates the network and brings about more points of failure.

But hey, I just administer networks for a living.

	--- Mike