[ale] AT&T is evil

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Thu Feb 3 22:15:40 EST 2011

Yes AT&T is evil. I haven't been following this thread in detail. I just
wanted to point out two things. I have a fairly new wireless N router
from Netgear. This has a metering app built in that tracks the traffic
going to and from the ISP from the devices in my house, wireless or
wired. Therefore, I can track my usage if desired. Of course, that
doesn't help with phones, etc. Leo Laporte (podcaster) got seriously
burned by AT&T after going on a trip, even while scrupulously limiting
his roaming, and prearranging the roaming. He shut off the phone after
THEIR app said he was at his limit. I think they billed him over $1000,
and he had to pay $700 or something, which was entirely bogus.

Ron