[ale] recommendations on a good software to use for running a flash based streaming music website

Van Loggins vanloggins at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 22:09:41 EST 2011

I've been using jinzora to run my Cruxshadows music website, but I am
getting very dissatisfied with it, I'd like to switch to something
else, but I have a couple of requirements

1. has to run under RHEL 5 32 bit as my server uses that and it's a
free company provided employee server from the company where I work at
so I can't change the os.
2. has to not require a username and password for basic use, meaning
if someone types on the url or finds it during a search they can
immediately play music on the site without having to enter a username
or password, but it's ok to have an admin section that requires a
login
3. preferably doesn't use mysql, as jinzora uses a id3-cache folder
instead of a database but this is flexible...

Does such a beast exist? I found one program subsonic but it doesn't
do number 2 on my list. I want the site to be search engine friendly
and by it now allowing access without logins that makes that
impossible.

Thanks,

Van Loggins