[ale] Offsite storage

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Dec 29 18:57:17 EST 2011

On Thu, 2011-12-29 at 18:34 -0500, Chris Fowler wrote:
> I am in need of a place to store some of my stuff.   I'm looking for per
> GB pricing and WebDAV support.
>
> I found pennybackup at 8.9c/GB, but they use Asigra and that required
> Windows :(
>
> Any leads?

I have a cloud server on RS so I have decided to use Cloud Files.  I
found cloudfuse and love it.

I would like to access this stuff without requiring root privs or using
sudo

cfowler at compaq-desktop:~/Downloads/redbo-cloudfuse-87e0ead$ sudo usermod
-a -G fuse cfowler
cfowler at compaq-desktop:~/Downloads/redbo-cloudfuse-87e0ead$
ls /mnt/cloud
ls: cannot access /mnt/cloud: Permission denied

I've added myself to fuse group.  Does that mean I can mount and unmount
this store in my home?

Chris