[ale] In praise of MicroSoft

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 17:10:03 EST 2011

I have a happy hacking lite (love it!) and a Matias USB 2.0 (
http://matias.ca/usb2keyboard/index.php) . Both have a 2 port usb hub so I
can add a mouse but the Matias adds an additional USB2 port on top of the
keyboard for things like thumbdrives. so it's sticking up in plain site and
I won't forget it! Key feel is tactile resistance similar to but softer
than the HH.

I'm currently using the matias for hte Mac. It has no caps lock on the left
and a tiny one under the left side of the right shift key. Additionally, it
has a nice set of extra glyphs that are accessible directly on a Mac using
the flower key and option key combos. I started on a suitable Linux keymap
but ran into too many existing desktop things that used those buttons
already. Grr.

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Wolf Halton <wolf.halton at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php Where to get the Happy Hacking
> Keyboard. This co also has full-sized keyboards.  Mechanical switches.
> These look like usb versions of the old IBM bullet-proof keyboards.
>
> --
> This Apt Has Super Cow Powers - http://sourcefreedom.com
> Advancing Libraries Together - http://LYRASIS.org

James P. Kinney III