[ale] [ot] Xmpp, ejabberd question

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 18:56:08 EST 2011

I took an XMPP class a while ago, and as I recall XMPP is not a
conduit for the file transfer directly (in most cases), but a
coordination protocol for connections to transfer files via another
protocol.  However, I am in now way an expert on XMPP, so I could be
missing something.

However, you would have to have both ends be XMPP users for one or two
XMPP servers, so that may be a bigger issue is you don't control the
other end machine

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 17:40, Wolf Halton <wolf.halton at gmail.com> wrote:
> What would be wrong with using xmpp as a transfer protocol for moving
> backups of tarred files? I have used scp for this purpose, but if the tunnel
> is broken, the file is corrupted. From what I have been reading, if a
> session drops in xmpp, it picks up where it was dropped and continues. I am
> working inside a c-class private subnet.
>
> http://sourcefreedom.com

Pete Hardie
--------
Better Living Through Bitmaps