[ale] OT: really OT but cool!

rhia rhiannen at atlantacon.org
Mon Dec 19 14:02:24 EST 2011

On Mon, 2011-12-19 at 11:12 -0500, Geoffrey Myers wrote:
> Scott Castaline wrote:
> > A friend of my son turned us on to a what I find to be a very unique
> > sound as far as music goes. The group is Iron Horse a Bluegrass band but
> > the unique part is they do Metallica , Ozzy, Led Zep and Clapton (70 80
> > vintage). You need to check out Stairway to Heaven a la Bluegrass. It's
> > crazy ass good. we found them on YouTube:
> > Fade to Bluegrass <www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuQkzAg-WYU>
>
> I don't know.  I love Bluegrass and I like the old Black Sabbath and Led
> tunes, but I just can't get into bluegrass Paranoid or Stairway to Heaven.
>
> Kinda like mixing moonshine and smoking pot... ;)

Interesting or unique covers? Gregorian.  German band that does
Gregorian chant-ish pop and rock covers.
While I'm partial to their covers of Rammstein's "Engel" and Queen's
"Who Wants To Live Forever," under them, "Nothing Else Matters" and
"Losing My Religion" take on whole new meanings. Interestingly, Simon
and Garfunkel could have written straight for Gregorian.

----
rhia