[ale] Conversion of WMV files to MP4(H.264), OGG, & Webm

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Sat Dec 17 12:43:25 EST 2011

* ffmpeg
* mencoder
* handbrake

I think all of these are based on ffmpeg's libraries.

LTS Ubuntu doesn't support webm without using a PPA, I'm on 10.04 still. I'd be
surprised if the most recent Ubuntu / Mint didn't include newer versions that
support everything you need. Can't speak for SUSE or Fedoria at all.

Obviously, some WMV encodings are not supported by ffmpeg and won't work at all,
but older ones usually are in my experience.