[ale] VirtualBox & BSOD

Nolan Voight nolan.voight at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 16:11:30 EST 2011

Yeah, I didn't think I would ever see one of those again, but I run
Win 7 in VirtualBox on Ubuntu 11.10 to play one game. This was fine
for over a year, but three weeks after I upgraded from11.04 to 11.10,
& recall no updates to VirtualBox after that, I got the BSOD on
starting the CD that holds the game. I suspect it has to do with the
Guest Additions, but those haven't been updated since August. Not
asking for a solution here, just curious if anybody else has
experienced this over the past couple of months. Just separating
coincidences from causes.

Have tried QEMU/KVM in the past week, but couldn't figure out how to
speed up the display enough to actually play a game.