[ale] Recommendation for a portable USB drive for Linux

Dennis Ruzeski denniruz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 16:17:05 EST 2011

If you search around you'll even find ways to get most of the one-touch
backup stuff to work!

Aside from that, EVERY USB storage device I've plugged into a late model
linux system has worked, save one- A Buffalo 'RAID' enclosure which used a
really horrible third party windoze only software raid(Still works in linux
without the raid functionality and just shows 2 drives)- I would recommend
removing the usual fat 32 default filesystem and go with ntfs for
portability and large file support (Full HD movies get very large!)

--Dennis