[ale] Recommendation for a portable USB drive for Linux

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Tue Dec 13 15:55:26 EST 2011

They’ve just handed me a WD My Passport Essential SE 1 TB USB drive to put on one of our RHEL boxes.   The WD site doesn’t quite say they don’t do Linux but it also doesn’t give any guidance except “call your Linux distributor”.

What I’ve found on line about these drives doesn’t give me the warm fuzzies.   I’m going to try to hook it up but I’m wondering if there are others people would recommend that are know to work with Linux (ideally RHEL5/RHEL6)?

Athena®, Created for the Cause™