[ale] Followup to keysigning party.

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Fri Dec 9 13:07:48 EST 2011

Hey all,

Just a quick follow up to last nights outstanding combined ALE Central /
ALE NW keysigning party.

We had 26 keys on the keyring and 20 participants listed.

We had 18 people show up accounting for 23 of the keys.  That's a pretty
good showing of attendance, I must say.

Nobody showed up wanting to participate with their key who had not
uploaded.  That's a first for me.  There's usually one or two
stragglers.  Which is perfectly ok.  A few don't bog things down.

The role key was not claimed by anyone and was not considered and should
not be signed by anyone.

The printout from Jeremy was compared to my printout from BigLumber and
everything matched.

In case anyone did not get the sums written down for Jeremy's file, here
they are again (and this message is signed by me)...

md5sum:
8a 61 70 89 b3 1f bf 52  a0 90 d7 35 8d 9e 82 e7  ksp-ale11.txt

sha1sum:
37c8 ea7e 3dda 9be5 49bb  f41c 94d4 137c 1939 d670  ksp-ale11.txt

The "conga line" method was very successful and very efficient.  We were
done mutually verifying identities between 18 people in under 1/2 hour.
That was absolutely outstanding.

Over all, it went very well, everyone was well organized, and all the
participants are to be commended.  We had good discussions before the
signing party and continued with good discussions after.

Since then...

I have already received one set of signature updates sent out by one
individual using the "caff" method from the pgp-tools package, and not
from the person I expected, so I'm expecting more via E-Mail for that
method.  Jeremy posted earlier the the URL to the site where you can
pick those tools up.

I have run caff myself and everyone should receive my E-Mail messages
shortly, if not already.  I have also pushed my signatures to BigLumber
and to the public keyservers so you can also pick them up there.  Other
signatures also appear to be showing up on the public keyservers when I
run a refresh.

Regards,
Mike