[ale] [Solved] HELP - Out of Storage on /

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Fri Dec 9 12:48:37 EST 2011

One way to avoid this in future is to make a small filesystem (e.g. 5 MB) as the parent of the your submount then mount your submount on that.

e.g.
/backup  = your small filesystem
/backup/data = your backup device formerly mounted as just /data

If /backup/data doesn't mount for any reason then only /backup gets filled and not / itself.