[ale] Least expensive and/or Best -> Newsgroups Provider ?

Courtney Thomas courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 6 04:39:19 EST 2011

What is the best way to obtain newsgroups now ?

The last time I attempted to access them, a couple of years ago, I was
much dismayed at the seeming posting quality deterioration in that, of
the ones I cursorily examined, they were so spam ridden and idiot
infested, as to appear of questionable worth, while 15 years ago, those
same groups were quite good. It seemed that a lot of time would be
required to wade through all the dross.

My newsgroups interests are... computing, physics & math, sailing,
sailboats and investing.

Years ago, I had access through ATT but am told they no longer provide
the newsgroups with their DSL service.

1) Who provides the least expensive access ?

2) Who is the best provider, at what cost and why ?

3) What reader is recommended ?

I'm willing to use Winders, if optimal, to reach this service goal.

Appreciatively,

Courtney Thomas

--
"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the
right to rise up, and shake off the existing  government, and form a new

Abraham Lincoln

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire,
it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

George Washington

"Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental opinion of a
day, but a series of oppressions, begun at a distinguished period,
unalterable through every change of ministers, too plainly prove a
deliberate, systematical plan of reducing us to slavery."

Thomas Jefferson